RE: The Empire Strikes Back...sorta

When I saw SFU 3 come out I went ahead and grabbed a copy.  It's includes
some nice packages to start with, but it's much thinner than the cygwin
selection.  More of a do-it-yourself kit if you want more than the password
synchronization, nfs, whatever that's included.  It uses an old version of
gcc, but other than that it was decent overall.  It's my understanding that
3 is a major departure from older versions, so you can't really go off old
impressions.

Out of about 15 packages that I downloaded and compiled about 5-7 needed
tweaking to compile.  Only OpenSSH required much time to get working.

So, overall, it looks interesting.