Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: guile-1.5.6-3

There is a patch pending to binutils that would allow this to work as-is. It seems to work okay, however, we're still waiting on Egor's legal paperwork -- an unfortunately, the only discussion has been between Egor and I; no other binutils-list readers have commented.

I'd really rather not see a return of declspec()...

Perhaps temporarily, we could use a workaround in both guile and guile-client code:

in guile, new functions (with the obvious implementations):

#ifdef __CYGWIN__
SCM get_scm_sys_protects(int index);
void set_scm_sys_protects(SCM s, int index);
#endif

and in client code, replace assignments and reads with the appropriate function call, guarded by #ifdef __CYGWIN__ ?

It's even possible that the guile folks would accept this sort of change, as an extension to their API (rather than actually *replacing* direct access to the array, which works just fine on all other platforms).

Then, it would be up to client programs to choose direct access or get/set...

--Chuck

Steven O'Brien wrote:

Hi

I have a problem with guile-devel.
libguile/root.h exports:
extern SCM scm_sys_protects[];

and #define's each array element as a macro

When trying to compile gnumeric-1.0.8, the build fails with the message:
"variable 'scm_sys_protects' can't be auto-imported."

This is expected, as you cannot auto-import arrays. However, I cannot
find any way of explicitly importing it without breaking the #define'd
elements. Does anyone know how to do this? Or is this a case where the
old-fashioned __declspec(dllimport) decoration is required?

Thanks for any reply,
Steven

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 01:15:28 +0200