Re: system

----- Original Message -----
From: <jalonso@mit.edu>
To: "Bernardet Karim" <Karim.Bernardet@inln.cnrs.fr>
Cc: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: system

> Hello,
>
> The "system" call works through the use of /bin/sh (without the absolute
path
> specification), so "sh" must be in your path for "system" to work.
Someone
> please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> If this is in fact the problem, then you must have copied cygwin1.dll to
> someplace in your path and not add /bin to your path.  At least on the
Cygwin
> installation I'm using at the moment, -mno-cygwin will result in the
printf-
> only behavior.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Jason Alonso
>
> Quoting Bernardet Karim <Karim.Bernardet@inln.cnrs.fr>:
>
> > Hello  !
> >
> > When I compile the code below under cygwin, all is ok when i run it in =
> > the
> > cygwin shell, but if i run it in a MSDOS console I just have  the result
=
> > of
> > the printf ....

> > {
> > system("c:/tempo/cygwin/bin/ls c:/tempo ");
> > printf("c:/tempo/cygwin/bin/ls c:/tempo ");
> > }
> >
> > Thanks for your help ...
> >

> > --

First, thanks a lot for your help

using -mno-cygwin with gcc, system("c:\\tempo\\cygwin\\bin\\ls ") works in a
MSDOS shell
but without -mno-cygwin and if I copy cygwin1.dll in c:\windows\system, it
doesn t work in a MSDOS shell

i could use -mno-cygwin but in the  case i have to use winsock :((

Karim.