Re: Charles: Fwd: Re: NDBM & ODBM on Cygwin?

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

P.S. - Before you say so, I am aware of the limitations of the FAT
filesystem. All I'm saying is that there is always a solution to a
problem.

But there's no guarantee that the solution is
a) within your budget
b) can be accomplished within a finite time period
c) is worth the effort.
All of this takes time -- time that could be better used in other areas. I'm not interested in getting that particular subset of gdbm working on FAT -- I've looked into it, and IMO the effort and time involved is huge; the opportunity cost (in the macroeconomic sense) is too great.

That's why cvs has the hacks that it does; it was more efficient to fix the FAT drive problem there, rather than in gdbm.

--Chuck