Setup.exe: FTP Control Timeout While Choosing Packages

Hi,

I've noticed that when I use an FTP mirror to download Cygwin components and I take too long poring over the list, clicking and selecting and whatnot, sometimes the FTP server will time out and close the control connection, and when I finally move on to the download stage, it fails immediately ("Download incomplete") and I'm forced (well, offered the option) to start over.

Perhaps Setup.exe could periodically send an FTP NOOP command to keep the control connection alive? Alternately, it could attempt to re-connect. I have no idea how much work this would be, so please just consider it an offhand suggestion.

This is Setup 2.249.2.5, Windows 2000, SP2, dial-up modem connection using the "Direct Connection" option of Setup.exe.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA