Re: close cygwin window - bash doesnt save history

Dario,

It works great for me just as you suggested (*). I don't like using "tty" mode, so there's no issue for me. I was thinking perhaps it didn't work for Shane because he might be using "tty" mode.

However, if the SIGHUP doesn't get delivered (in "tty" mode), there's really no hook to hang this technique upon, it seems.

(*) In further investigating options using "trap," I discovered I can no longer repeat my earlier success, regardless of whether I use "tty" or not.

There's something odd afoot here. When and if I figure out more, I'll report back.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

At 09:00 2002-07-11, Dario Alcocer wrote:
On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 08:48:54AM -0700, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Dario, in investigating why Shane might not be having success with your
> technique, I tried it both with and without the presence of the "tty"
> option in the CYGWIN environment variable. (Without is my preferred
> operating mode.) I discovered that the SIGHUP handler is _not invoked_ when
> the "tty" option _is_ used. (My hypothesis had been the opposite,
> actually.) I assume this means that the SIGHUP itself is not delivered when
> the close box is clicked and "tty" mode is in effect.

I'd say try putting the logout command in your SIGHUP handler and
see if it behaves any differently.

--
Dario Alcocer