new mutt 1.4-1

The newest mutt packages available from the mirrors, 1.4-1, has been
compiled with USE_DOTLOCK turned on.  the previous release, 1.2.5 or
something did not.  Regardless of permission, file system type, or any
other issue I was able to find with regards to older versions, mutt 1.4
reports 'Lock count exceeded, remove locks?' when ever I open my mail
file.

Does any know if Im doing something wrong in configuring things to make
this work, or if I simply need to recompile mutt with dotlock turned
off.

The source was not available via the setup program, so I couldnt rebuild
it myself.  Is Corinna still the maintainer for mutt?  I'd be glad to
investigate this myself, but I wonder if we shoudnt simply make sure the
released mutt has use_dotlock turned off.

Then again, maybe someone will tell me I'm simply doing something wrong
in my setup.  I'm using the most recent versions of everything under
cygwin, under xp pro, using ntfs file system.  I tried all sorts of
different permissions on the mail spoolfile and the directory itself
with no improvements.

-glo