Windows file names & case insensitive search

Grep is case sensitive with respect to Windows 2000 file names. This causes a problem across various directories, e.g., -r.

I found a discussion back in '97 on this topic - no visible action resulted. Has there been no decision to TOUPPER() filenames in the Windows implementation, or has another work around been implemented that I'm not seeing?

Le Snelson L-191 (925) 423-3427
Lawrence Livermore National Lab. snelson1@llnl.gov
7000 East Ave
Livermore, CA 94550-9234