RE: When using CYGWIN to telnet to an AIX machine I got the following error" 0602-108 CYGWIN is not a recognized terminal type "

Thank you.

setting TERM to xterm fixed the ERROR but it CAUSED a Different set of problems
while using "vi" editor. it created a cascading effect example(below) and made
editing files impossible. Other configuration settings On my NT workstation I
use CYGWIN shell to Telnet to LINUX -no problem and I am set with bash shell
when through CYGWIN I telnet to AIX  I am set up with korn shell and when I try
to use VI

me@somewhere>export TERM=xterm  <-this fixes the ERROR message to go away
me@somewhere>vi somefile.txt
---the lines below will appear on the top of the CYGWIN shell as oppose to from
the bottom of the
this is the first line
this is the second line  <-and this is where cursor is
this is the third line

problem: becomes the lines I am trying to edit have actually shifted down by one
---the lines below will not appear on the top of the CYGWIN shell unless I move
cursor from starting position left to right
this is the first line
this is the fiecond line  <-and this is what happens when I move cursors left to
right from starting cursor position the second line is actually first line
this is the third line

Any Ideas how can this problem be fixed