Re: When using CYGWIN to telnet to an AIX machine I got the follo wing error" 0602-108 CYGWIN is not a recognized terminal type "

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:45:27 -0400
meshkp@pjm.com wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> setting TERM to xterm fixed the ERROR but it CAUSED a Different set of problems
> while using "vi" editor. it created a cascading effect example(below) and made
> editing files impossible. Other configuration settings On my NT workstation I
> use CYGWIN shell to Telnet to LINUX -no problem and I am set with bash shell
> when through CYGWIN I telnet to AIX  I am set up with korn shell and when I try
> to use VI

Set your term on AIX to vt100.  It will work a lot better. The xterm emulation on AIX doesn't always work very well.

Jonathan Fosburgh                       |Certified AIX Administrator
Software Systems Spec. III              |ICQ: 32742908
Communications and Computer Services    |MSN: syjef@hotmail.com
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center            |Jabber: syjef@jabber.org
Houston, TX                             |Yahoo: jefosburgh