"ssh java" doesn't display anything on screen

I suspect this must be a common problem, but I wasn't able to find anything
that seemed pertinent in the FAQ about this or in my searches of the archive.

I'm trying to start a graphical java application via ssh. The
java application starts running, but doesn't display anything on the screen.
So when I do the following command, the application hangs without displaying
anything on the windows screen:
	ssh my-cygwin-box java -jar graph.jar

If I do the same command from cygwin bash prompt started on the windows box
desktop the java application runs fine, properly displaying.

I then tried other window applications, and they start from ssh but they
hang without displaying anything.

An ideas on how to get this to work.  I have an automated cron job on a *nix
box that as part of it's task is to run this java application and another
window application.

Thanks.
-FR.

Some more details:
Windows 2000 Professional Ver 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2
CYGWIN = `binmode ntsec tty'
PATHEXT = `.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH'
USERNAME = `Administrator'

Package             Version
_update-info-dir    00025-1
cygrunsrv           0.95-1