Re: Screen color question

The others were thinking we had problems with the default text color, like
the output of export for example.  Its the prompt which defaults to
dark-green and dark-yellow on black.  To brighten it up you can specify the
bold attribute to PS1.  The 32m is dark green; replace [32m\] with [1;32m\].
This causes the prompt to be light-green and light-yellow on black.  I can
supply the color defs if you are interested in changing it further.

"Barry Goldstein" <bag@shore.net> wrote in message

> The prompt strings are
> PS1=$'\\[\\033]0;\\w\\007\n\\033[32m\\]\\u@\\h
\\[\\033[33m\\w\\033[0m\\]\n$ '