Re: Available for test: gcc-3.1.1-2 gcc2-2.95.3-8

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 01:14:20AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:

It is in the last two lines of the specs file:

#define LIBSTDCXX "-lstdc++-2"
#define FORTRAN_LIBRARY "-lg2c-2"

I'll look for it -- it's not in my "normal" sources, so I guess normal sources use a default definition from somewhere else. I'll download your gcc2-src package and use that...

The gcc-2.95.3 that I distribute has a lot of gcc/mingw changes.  Many
of them come from Mumit.  So, if you grab "my" package you get something
that is different from the sources at gcc.gnu.org.

Well, I guess "normal" wasn't the correct term. I'm using Danny's gcc-2.95.3 -src package from mingw.org (seemed appropriate since I was building a mingw-target compiler).

I'm unsure how large the differences are between your version and Danny's (of 2.95.3). I guess I'll find out...

The files themselves get munged by mknetrel's extra/gcc2 script.

Ah. But if you munge the filenames at install time, then don't stage2 and stage3 break?

I copy around stuff by hand for the first stage (building the cross
compiler).  I don't build a native compiler first, so there are only
two stages.

And, yes, copying stuff around by hand is a real pain...

As in, "a PITA to maintain". Hopefully, gcc2 will be a "release and forget" package.

I'm on 4001 now.  Forgot to merge with the current gcc branch.  Looked
like an possible code gen bug got fixed.

Thank god for ccache, though.  I'd still be scratching my head about the
best way to deal with -mno-cygwin if it wasn't for that.  It's really
amazing.

Oops.  Forgot to regen stage one for this go-around.  That would screw
up the specs file.  Time for build 4002 and 4003.

<Argh!> Sounds very frustrating. Thanks for all your hard work -- and take care of your hands.

--Chuck