Installation without home dir

Hi everybody,

How comes that running the setup program it terminates successfully without
even creating a "home" directory (no different .bash_history or .profile) and
other information in /etc like passwd respectively?
I did a couple of rather basic (i.e. no X, just the console stuff)
installations on the Windows drive, choosing the default \cygwin directory.
Bash opens in "/" then, no user specified settings are done.
Yes, I did select "All Users" in setup.exe and yes, it doesn't matter how
many user profiles (one to four) were on the system.
I'm using Windows XP Professional (german) and the actual Cygwin release
1.3.12-2 - the latter installed from a local directory storing the packages. (I
just deleted those setup.log and setup.log.full files when the download had
terminated successfully but I think that shouldn't matter.)
What has gone wrong?
It's quite bothering. How can I subsequently complete that part of
configuration setup.exe omits to take up itself?

http://www.gmx.net