Re: source release of mutt 1.4

Just for the groups information, mutt 1.4 was configured as belof for
this release.

$ mutt -v
Mutt 1.4i (2002-05-29)
Copyright (C) 1996-2001 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.3.12(0.54/3/2) (i686) [using ncurses 5.2]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  -DL_STANDALONE
+USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  -USE_SASL
-HAVE_REGCOMP  +USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET
+HAVE_CURS_SET  +HAVE_META  +HAVE_RESIZETERM
+HAVE_PGP  +BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  +LOCALES_HACK  -HAVE_WC_FUNCS  -HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
-HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  -HAVE_GETSID  -HAVE_GETADDRINFO
-ISPELL
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/spool/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/etc"
EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
-MIXMASTER
To contact the developers, please mail to <mutt-dev@mutt.org>.
To report a bug, please use the flea(1) utility.

What I notice is that it is almost exactly the same as Jasons custom
build with the exception of only two differences.

Jasons working 1.4 release has setgid and dl_standalond turned on, where
as the released version has these turned off, as shown above.

I would guess that the setgid wouldnt matter that much, since everything
on my system is owned by the exact same person (me), with fairly open
permissions, so you shouldnt have to setgid in order to get access to
things.  I dont have the mutt sourcecode extracted right now, or I would
lookup what standalone does.  but those appear to be the only
differences between the two instances of the program.

thanks again for any help.

-glo