Re: Sounds like I should wait before releasing gcc 3.1.1

Sure does. How long are they estimating before 3.1.2 is released? (That page
doesn't specify the timeframe..)
(thats 3.2 you mean ... right? or is it 3.2.1 hmph cant remember already)

just an oppinion here...
'since cygwin gcc has its own branch and was currently being worked on based on an unlreased 3.1.1' the release date of 3.2 is probably not going to be the limiting factor here right? Next week 3.1.1 will go out, then 3.1 branch will be relabeled 3.2 branch, 3.2 will be relabeled 3.3(not in that order). I am assuming almost immediately after that, the abi fixes will be back ported... so probably 2 weeks, then some leeway for the abi backports to cause a dozen bugs that need fixing...

And, thats probably about how long cygwin branch gcc needs testing at the current rate anyway. (not to knock the wonderful efforts of cgf - just keeping a simple gcc head and gnome2 head setup going on osf/1 keeps me at my limits)

But to answer the other question, upper limit on 3.2 I guess looks to be september, since all the bsd types were complaining that it needed to be done by then. (well not All the bsd types ... but at least 1 of free/open ...) Think debian wanted september as well, but quite possibly i have the wrong distribution. (debian on the brain...)

Gareth, hates literature reviews...