Re: Another failure to get telnet/inetd to work in 1.3.12

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 03:17:37PM -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> >You have an ssh entry in /etc/inetd.conf but not in your systems
> >services file.
>
> Not really!
>
> adefaria:grep ssh /dev/c/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc/Services
> ssh                22/tcp                           #SSH Remote Login
> Protocol
> ssh                22/udp                           #SSH Remote Login
> Protocol
>
> As you can see I do have an ssh entry in my system's services file. But
> my question was about telnet (rlogin, ftp, etc). And the Event Viewer
> had errors for each service in /etc/inetd.conf. I just picked one
> (unfortunately I picked ssh - I should have grabbed the telnet one) to
> paste here. Note that I remapped the /cygdrive prefix to /dev.
>
> Could it be that 1.3.12 is having some problem finding my system's
> services file? Again, this use to work just find until I updated to

It's *very* unlikely.  Cygwin doesn't even try to find the file
by itself but uses the appropriate WinSock functions getservbyname()
and getservbyport().  So it's actually WinSock not finding your systems
services file.  What I could think of is that your $PATH is somehow
not including your windows system paths anymore.  Otherwise...

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.