RE: gzip.exe as symlink...

> From: Nicholas Wourms [mailto:nwourms@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: gzip.exe as symlink...
> Sigh, as usual the emacs camp always misses the point.  You
> use a shell
> for file operations and you use an editor for editing.  Why
> is there any
> need to muddle the two?  Vi is simple and elegant, whereas emacs is
> well...  rather bloated and not very elegant.  Would you use
> a chainsaw to
> cut a diamond?  I think not...
  I may very well be missing the point. But I'm starting to believe that
"vi" is incapable of opening compressed files and that you think this is an
advantage.  I think I'll continue to miss that point.
  Well, emacs can open compressed files and some people like that feature.
In any case, the use of that feature is what this whole thread is about.