Re: gzip.exe as symlink breaks NTEmacs's jka-compr.el

Hallo Robert,

Am Montag, 15. Juli 2002 um 07:39 schriebst du:

> Sounds to me like NTEmacs is broken, and should be able to interpret
> symlinks if it wants to interoperate with cygwin.

No, it is a bug in Windows.  You cannot run symlinks (of course a Windows
style symlink) out of a cmd shell.  I got problems once with awk.exe
which is a symlink to gawk.exe.  He reports this 'bug' in Windows2K
really clear and you guys flamed him for that?

Why not repackage at least gzip and make the two files in question at
least hardlinks instead of symlinks?

IIRC I stumbled over this Windows bug on W2K when building a native
Windows version of openssl which needs awk.  I guess it is no problem
on NT4 and maybe W2K is the only platform where it doesn't work .

--
=^..^=