Setup.exe: plans and progress?

I was just wondering how the work on setup is progressing?
Specifically, I'm wondering about the ease of use when trying to
install everything.  A lot of the recent work seems to have
concentrated on other issues.

The PC sysadmins here have had a little gentle arm twisting, to include
a Cygwin install on each new Windows PC that gets set up.  The Cygwin
install works off a local install directory that gets updated every few
months.  But today I discovered that what is actually getting installed
is the default (tiny!) configuration.

A key issue is the length of time it would take to click through each
option (skip/keep/ver-w.x.y-z/ver-w'.x'.y'-z'/...) of every package, to
install the "right" version (the one with the largest version number?),
for every new PC.  (The rest of the install and configuration is far
more automted.)

Is this just a function of the way I've installed Cygwin  on the local
server?  Is there some way when setting that up, so that the 1st
install from that local machine to fresh new machines on the LAN take
its configuration (install everything) as the default?

As I understand it, subsequent updates to a PC after the initial
installation are easy.  They'll just update whatever was installed,
by default.  Our trouble is that the *first* install seems very
click-intensive - it's not very automatic.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

luke