w2k and perl - argument path problem

!! Please CC me in your answer (nik@pharmazie.uni-wuerzburg.de) since I
am not a member of the mailing list.!!

Hi,

I searched the list so far but couldn't find an answer to my problem. I
am currently running cygwin on both NT and W2K machines.
If I want to start a perl script I get different behaviour concerning
the arguments.

E.g.:

NT:
perl perl_script.pl /path/to/the/input/file
--- this works fine ---

W2K:
perl perl_script.pl /path/to/the/input/file
--- this does not work --- instead this works
perl perl_script.pl C:\\path\\to\\the\input\\file

Under W2K the usual bash programs like:
head /path/to/the/input/file
do work :-((

Does anybody know how to solve the problem or if there is a workaround,
since in the currently working version there is no auto-complete which
is really annoying.

!! Please CC me in your answer (nik@pharmazie.uni-wuerzburg.de) since I
am not a member of the mailing list.!!

Cheers,