RE: wget problem

David,

I use Cygwin wget _a lot_ and it works very well and quite reliably.

Almost certainly the problem was either transient or a problem at Vidhubhushana's end (computer, networking hardware, outside connectivity, firewall, proxy, cache, ISP, etc.).

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

At 13:53 2002-07-16, Robinow, David wrote:
> From: Vidhubhushana G Vankadari
> [mailto:vidhubhushana.g.vankadari@aexp.com]
> Subject: wget problem
>     I downloaded the wget (as part of cygwin). I am trying to
> retrive the files&directories from site(example
> http://www.marvelinfotech.com) using the
> command wget -r http://www.marvelinfotech.com. But it is not working.
>
> The error is coming as:
> http://www.marvelinfotech.com
>  >> 'www.marvelinfotech.com/index.html'
> Resolving www.marvelinfotech.com ... failed : Host not found
>
>  I think by default it is trying to search for index.html.
>
>  It is giving the same error for any given site.
>
>  My purpose to use this tool is to find the structure and
> retrieve all files and links from a given website.
>  Please look into it and let me know what to do and what
> options I have to give.

  Works for me!  I'm afraid I'm no networking expert but I suggest you
download the windows native version of wget from
ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/wget/windows/ and see if that works.  If that
works and cygwin wget doesn't, that might interest somebody on this list.
If it doesn't work try the wget mailing list (see
http://wget.sunsite.dk/#mailinglists for subscription info)