Re: Available for test: gcc-3.1.1-3, gcc2-2.95.3-9, gcc-mingw-3_1-20020516-2

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 05:14:46PM +0900, Dylan Cuthbert wrote:
>Hello all
>
>There hasn't been any response so I presume noone else is getting this
>problem.  I have whittled down the options that seem to cause it the most:
>
>It is very strange but it occurs after compiling large-ish programs with
>gcc's new sparkly -march=pentium2 (or 3) option enabled.  Are there any ABI
>changes causing problems between older dlls maybe?
>
>Depending on the..erm.. weather?, it will also crash immediately upon
>execution, not even bothering to write out a
>stackdump file.  This situation changes if I re-arrange sections of the
>code, or link in a different order.
>
>It *doesn't* crash when running from a command.com style bash shell prompt.

Wouldn't it make perfect sense to run a crashing application in gdb and
see *where* it crashes?  Or does it make better sense to send email to
a mailing list hoping someone will know why your specific applications
are crashing, wait a day or so, and then ask again?

Personally, I would want to know why things weren't working.  Apparently
YMMV.

cgf