Common installation, user ID

I would like to install cygwin in a common location (shared directory) so that we can use the same install from all of our machines. Which files (DLLs) should be installed on the individual machines?

Also, how do I update the /etc/passwd file to reflect the windows domain users who are going to be logging/using cygwin?

Currently, irrespective of the user that I am logged in as, the 'id' command shows that the user is Administrator (and a ls command on any of the file systems shows the owner of the files/dirs to be user=Administ, group=None). Did I miss a setup step?

I really appreciate all your help.

--
/\/\anzoor --- manzoor@intRnauts.com --- http://www.intRnauts.com/hassan/

Hate always has a reason, Love has none.