Re: New setup pre-release - feedback needed

Peter A. Castro wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Robert Collins wrote:
>
> While I do like the status of knowing just what setup is scanning as
> part of the package loading process, it now takes much, much longer
> to load from an "Install from Local Directory" scenario :-) (up from
> 5 seconds to about 1 minute, 45 seconds).  It's a kind of a rare
> scenario (I'm probably one of the few who keeps a full downloaded
> image of all of cygwin (kinda like a mirror site)),

I do too. I am bandwidth-challenged (24K dialup - poor telephone lines), so I
always have a local copy of anything I install.

>and it's not like
> I run setup more than once every few days, so it's an adequate trade-
> off for more status on the package load.

I suppose it might be better at the completion of each download, and when a
package is actually installed - but then we lose the possibility of marking bad
packages in the chooser.

Max.