Re: Note to Cygwin wget maintainer - please add libiconv to the build dependencies in the readme file (nt)

Max Bowsher wrote:

> Hack Kampbjørn wrote:
> > Max Bowsher wrote:
> >> Note to Cygwin wget maintainer - please add libiconv to the build
> >> dependencies in the readme file (nt)
> >

> > Runtime requirements:
> >   see 'setup.hint'
> >
> > Build Dependencies:
> >   gcc-2.95.3-5 or later
> >   binutils-20020706-2 or later
> >   gettext-0.11.2-2 or later
> >   gettext-devel-0.11.2-2 or later
> >   openssl-devel-0.96d-1 or later
> >
> > This is implicit as both gettext and gettext-devel requires libiconv2.
> > I've also always thought of the Build dependency list as an extension
> > to the runtime list, but this isn't obvious after I changed it to
> > only be a ref. to setup.hint.
> >
> > I'll reinsert the runtime list and add it to the build list.
>
> libiconv2 is the run-time only portion of libiconv. The main libiconv (no 2)
> package is required at link-time.

Sorry, yes my mistake I also have the libiconv package installed.
Somehow I installed it without updating the README file, time to review
my release procedure 8-(

Thanks for the report I'll update the README file for the next wget
release.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn