Re: FTP server?

In answer to the questions,

I had not remembered about cygwin's own FTP command line client program, it
did work so the only FTP program that it did not work with was with ws_ftp.

There server I have setup is my personal machine, win2k with cygwin
installed and setup to listen to FTP requests.

When I connect to the FTP server that is in question, I always use a
username/password as in there is no anonymous access.

When I was describing this "engineering server" I hadn't thought it would
matter, being that it was to point out that other FTP clients can get in.
But anyways I am not sure what version of the software is installed, though
it is a Solaris machine. If someone wants me to check, I will ask what
commands to use?

Another thing I realized is that this same FTP server that I am having
troubles was setup and working back in May without any configuration changes
to the server, and it worked perfectly fine then when running on the
standard port for FTP. The only changes I have made since then was to do
periodic updates of my cygwin installation, but I have not altered my
inetd.conf file and the similar config files. If anyone has a suggestion I
would greatly appreciate it.

Daniel Adams

3D35F874.7050107@Salira.com">news:3D35F874.7050107@Salira.com...