Re: Maximum # of program arguments

On 18 Jul, Mike Kasprzak wrote:
>  find blah blah blah).  I do have quite possibly over 16k characters I'm
>  passing as arguments to a program.  Whats the maximum, and how can I
>  increase it?? :).

I wouldn't have thought that would work even under Unix.

Nor did I think you could increase it.

16k!  Normally one uses a config file well before getting to that
point.  Or provide an option to read input from stdin or something -
like xargs and cpio do ...

Sorry, I know that answer doesn't help.

luke