RE: /bin and /usr/bin not installed: sorted

Simon,

Did you install the Network Simplicity OpenSSH release over an existing Cygwin installation? Or, perhaps, the reverse?

The Network Simplicity page (<http://www.networksimplicity.com/openssh/>) says "Please note that you should not install this package if you have cygwin installed."

At a glance, it does not appear that accommodating a pre-existing Cygwin release is accommodated. It's not clear what would happen if Cygwin were installed afterward, but it seems likely there might be some contention between them.

Perhaps those who care might want to take them up on their solicitation of feedback (under the heading "WebBoard" near the bottom of the aforementioned Web page):

"If you want to suggest a new feature, see what changes have occurred in the package, or need help installing or using OpenSSH on Windows look at the WebBoard<http://www.networksimplicity.com/board/show.pl>."

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA