Re: is there a sendmail ?

Posted and mailed

Daniel Adams wrote:

Since you have exim setup, and I imagine it is working nicely for you, is it run as part of inetd? or is there a different service I have to add to windows to make it run?
I also use exim and it is started via a service that I added via something close to:

$ cygrunsrv -I -p /usr/local/bin/exim -a "-bd -q15m" \
> -e CYGWIN=ntsec -d "CYGWIN exim"

You can then start the service via the Services applet in Control Panel or do a cygrunsrv -S exim. Windows complains because exim doesn't go into "Daemon mode" they way Windows services likes - it complains that "the service started then stopped but some services are like that" or some such error message, however exim runs and works OK.

exim then listens on the SMTP port for requests.