Re: g++ (v.3.1.1-4) -mno-cygwin with a hello world sample crashes oddly

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 04:40:07PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> Ah, I was trying to run it on a nonexec partition (long story).
>
>I have some of these too... how do I know if the partitions are
>nonexec or not?  No hint when I type in 'mount'.

Rather than assume that mount is not providing you with the information,
it would be better to double check that you actually do have noexec
directories.  The mount command does provide appropriate information if
a directory is mounted with the -E option.

>I would like to see a trigger in setup.exe to decide whether I want to
>have a shared drive to be exec or nonexec.

No way! You'd like setup.exe to act differently or do something for
you???  What a novel concept.

I don't know why the setup maintainers are so insistent on thwarting the
desires of people who want to run it.  I have my theories, of course...

cgf