Re: FYI: HTML targets in "Smart Questions"

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Dario Alcocer wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 07:37:21PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > Actually, I suspect that most people who post here would benefit from
> > reading the whole page.  In fact, they should read it several times.
>
> Yes, *very* good point; several readings might be necessary for
> some.  Along those lines, I think I'll look into what it would take
> for ezmlm to auto-reply subscribers (those making their first or
> second post) with a message containing a URL to ESR's essay.

If this list is starting autoreplying I will quit it immediatly, trafic is
(not counting repeated spam) high enough as it is.

> Maybe
> they have to pass a quiz before they can post (now *that* should
> go over real well.)  OTOH, maybe it would improve the signal/noise
> ratio.

IMHO the stupidest idea I've read till now, split the list in a 'dummies'
and a 'BOFH' version but dont start disciminating through automated
ballotage. The split is IMHO long overdue anyway, half of what I read is
giberish to me anyway (yup put me in with the 'dummies') and resigning the
list because of this has come to mind several times.