Documentation

I am new to this mailing list and to Cygwin. I also have not used Unix for
over a decade. I am familiar with C and C++ and I have been using Visual C++
since the first version.

I have installed Cygwin and most of the development tools. I have a comment
about the following.

Cygwin User's Guide
Programming with Cygwin
Using GCC with Cygwin
Console Mode Applications
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/programming.html

The "Example 1. Building Hello World with GCC" the compiler is gcc. I of
course created file with a cpp extension instead of a c extension. It did
not work; I could not get the compiler to understand "cout". So since I saw
a program "C++.exe" I tried using c++ instead of gcc and that worked. So I
think it would help to add a comment explaining that gcc does not work for
C++ programs. I realize that documentation of the compiler exists elsewhere
and should be used but I am just saying that since the Cygwin User's Guide
does have an example using gcc it would help to specify that gcc does not
work for C++ programs.