Re: FYI: HTML targets in "Smart Questions"

Jelks Cabaniss wrote:
> Raphael wrote:
>
>> ... split the list in a 'dummies' and a 'BOFH' version ....
>> The split is IMHO long overdue anyway, half of what I read
>> is giberish to me anyway (yup put me in with the 'dummies')
>> and resigning the list because of this has come to mind
>> several times.
>
> I couldn't agree more.  That way we can read and learn from the posts
> from the 'smart/experienced' folks on *this* list, and ask questions
> on the 'dummies/newbies' list without being harangued by various
> RTFM's, STFW's, pointers to etiquette screeds, etc.

Although this may sound like a good idea at first though, I really don't see how
it can work - the only questions which really generate RTFMs and haranguing are
the truly dumb ones (that don't actually include enough information to give
anyone a hope of answering correctly), and the ones which have already been
asked and answered in the past fortnight or so. I agree that the traffic on this
list can be absurdly high, but I think that is an unavoidable artefact of the
large Cygwin user base.

Max.