Re: bigger window pls

Robert Collins wrote:
On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 11:57, Eric Butler wrote:
Why not just make it resizeable?
That's a novel idea. Here's a clue: It's not trivial. Or if it is, Gary
( our win32 gui guru ) doesn't know the necessary bits to twiddle ( and
that would surprise me... I do like surprises if you're able to give me
one here, please do).

It's in the TODO.
It's been discussed as a major nuisance on cygwin-apps quite recently.
There are two comments to this.

1. I had the same complaint until I discovered /usr/bin/rxvt.exe (category: shells) which works beautifully for me and is resizable. I still haven't figured out how to use a different font (I can resize fixed, but don't know where to find other fonts that are installed) and can't figure out how to paste using only a two button mouse. Suggestions, anyone? Other than that, it's great. Documenting this in the FAQ would be good since I assume this complaint is common.

2. If you need an example of how to make a windows app resizable, I'd suggest looking at the putty source code (google: putty homepage download). I use it for all my telnet/ssh'ing from windows, and it works great. That might make the task easier if someone wants to tackle it.

Cygwin's really made my forced windows exile much more bearable, and with rxvt, even pleasant. Now if I could only find a decent VWM (that works with XP)...

Regards,
Nils.