Re: FYI: HTML targets in "Smart Questions"

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Dario Alcocer wrote:

DA>>The idea is not split the list, but for initial posters (from what
DA>>I've seen on this list, most first-time posters qualify as newbies)
DA>>to get a quick lesson in posting meaningful questions *before* they
DA>>get to post (only for the first post.)  That's why I suggested the
DA>>poster, before they're allowed to post for the first time, get an
DA>>e-mail asking them (in a cordial tone, obviously) that they *please*
DA>>read the ESR essay *first*[1].

I find your assumption that all first time posters are newbies and need to
be trained offensive.

The fact that newbies questions get ignored is upsetting.

Nicholas W?'s attitude is horrible!

I've learned that this is not a package that I need to waste any more time
on. I've heard that it is great. But, like OS/2, it won't install and no
help is available for simple problems.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Sunday, July 21, 2002 at 21:55 PM:
I love BBSing: All the social dynamics of kindergarten!