Re: Installation Problem???

Jim,

At 15:51 2002-07-21, Jim Balcom wrote:
On a Windows 95 machine - quite standard, I installed Cygwin from the internet.
It didn't seem to be complete, so the next morning I did another install from another mirror.

In both cases, for example, I am told that Midnight Commander is included in the initial installation. It did not seem to install in either installation. Nor, using MC for windows, can I find it on the hard drive.

I went back to download and install Joe. I downloaded it, but Cygwin can't find anyway to unzip it (bzip).

The command for unzipping and zipping BZip2 archives is "bunzip2" and "bzip2" (resp.).

I install (and update) everything from the Cygwin net release, and Midnight Commander is present in /bin (a.k.a. /usr/bin) with the name "mc." It's a little too "old school" for my taste, but hey, de gustibus...

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA