Re: Odd mount and path problem

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

d:\cygwin\home on /home type system (binmode)
\cygwin\sbin on /sbin type system (binmode)
\cygwin\bin on /bin type system (binmode)

basic response is :
you miss the DOS drive letter in your mount points
and the / moint point looks wrong (maybe d:\cygwin ?):
D: on / type system (binmode)

Excellent - that was the problem, although I really don't understand why. Once d:/ is mounted on /, why do I need to qualify all the other mount points?

should be:
d:\cygwin\sbin on /sbin type system (binmode)
d:\cygwin\bin on /bin type system (binmode)

you seem to have too mount points. typical mount points are :
C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\lib\X11\fonts on /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts type
system (binmo
de)
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type user (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type user (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type user (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)

As I mentioned, I don't want /cygwin mounted as /. This leads to the additional mount points to get things like etc, usr, etc. mounted under /.

Thanks a ton.

Note that this would appear to be the same issue that has plagued people regarding man not working with file not found errors.

--
Larry V. Streepy, Jr.

Health Language, Inc. -- "We speak the language of healthcare"

970/626-5028 (office) mailto:streepy@healthlanguage.com
970/626-4425 (fax) http://www.healthlanguage.com