Re: Odd mount and path problem

Even though it is not in my mount table, "ls /cygdrive/c" works.

FWIW.

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

Sorry, but this is nonsense.
If C:/ is mounted as /c then both /c and /cygdrive/c will both
"work", but
may have different text/binary characteristics.
In any case mounting /c has no affect on what /cygdrive/c does.
If you look at his mount, it doesn't have the /cygdrive/c mount point.
so he won't have acces to /cygdrive/c and a program configured to look
in all dos drives won't find a file located on C: drive.

just my 2 cents.

Larry V. Streepy, Jr.