RE: autoconf issues [often when upgrading from 2.13->2.53a]

--- "Harig, Mark A." <maharig@idirect.net> wrote:
> Have you tried downgrading to the stable tools (2.13) to see if the
> problem is still occurring, or is that not an option (i.e, the
> configure.in requires 2.53)?
> I had a problem recently where it appeared that sed was running in
> an
> infinite loop.  When I downgraded to the stable tools, the problem
> disappeared.

Unfortunately I have to use 2.53, otherwise libtool will not build
the dll's properly.  You hit the nail right on the head, there is
something awefully wierd going on, and I think sed is at the center
of it.  Why just the other day I was trying to use texi2pdf, and
wouldn't you know it sed was stuck in an infinite loop.  What OS are
you running?  My initial opinion is that the sed is experiencing
bit-rot.  It hasn't been updated since 2000 (the code itself since
'98), you know.  The problem is that this is so random, there's no
easy way to tell for sure.  I just have a hunch at this point...

Cheers,
Nicholas