From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
Of Gerrit P. Haase
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 14:42
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: running sshd with a different port than 22

Hallo Winston,

Am Montag, 22. Juli 2002 um 23:13 schriebst du:

> I am not sure whether it will work on Cygwin, but on Linux/Unix I would
try
> netstat -nvpl
> to give you a list of processes running on listening ports. You should
then
> be able to use ps to determine what command is running.

I hope this verified that there is ssh running on port 21:

$ telnet server 21
Trying 192.168.5.5...
Connected to server.koeln.convey.de.
Escape character is '^]'.
SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.4p1

Now I should be able to connect with 'ssh -p 21 server' too,
at least that is what I expect.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=