RE: autoconf issues [often when upgrading from 2.13->2.53a]

Mark,

Are you aware of how many instances of sed autoconf runs, let alone
libtool?  I'll post the statement for the original issue this thread
describes, but as for anything else, that will be more difficult.
Unfortunately TeX is very convoluted in it's own way, so trying to
figure out what pdfTeX is doing with sed is like searching for a
needle in the haystack.  I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
Nicholas