RE: running sshd with a different port than 22

Winston,

% type -a netstat
netstat is /cygdrive/d/WINNT/system32/netstat

% netstat /help

Displays protocol statistics and current TCP/IP network connections.

NETSTAT [-a] [-e] [-n] [-s] [-p proto] [-r] [interval]

-a Displays all connections and listening ports.
-e Displays Ethernet statistics. This may be combined with the -s
option.
-n Displays addresses and port numbers in numerical form.
-p proto Shows connections for the protocol specified by proto; proto
may be TCP or UDP. If used with the -s option to display
per-protocol statistics, proto may be TCP, UDP, or IP.
-r Displays the routing table.
-s Displays per-protocol statistics. By default, statistics are
shown for TCP, UDP and IP; the -p option may be used to specify
a subset of the default.
interval Redisplays selected statistics, pausing interval seconds
between each display. Press CTRL+C to stop redisplaying
statistics. If omitted, netstat will print the current
configuration information once.

There's no way that I can see to tie port number to the process ID of the process that's using it.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA