Re: Any gotcha's in moving cygwin?

Jon LaBadie wrote:

> I'm thinking of rearranging my disk space and letting
> cygwin have the entire E drive.  Right now it is in
> c:\cygwin but I would use the e:\ root dir as cygwin's root.
>
> Any gotcha's in such an arrangement?
> Or in moving things around?

Despite the warnings from setup, I have been running a dedicated cygwin
drive with / as its top level for years without problems that weren't
subsequently cleared up. I think that there are two prerequisites

1) / shouldn't be at the top level of your windows drive
2) The drive should be dedicated to the cygwin directory structure

I believe that the problems of / at the root of the drive are seen as
arising when any of the above conditions are ignored.

HTH

Don Sharp