Re: Fwd: Re: cron and NT domains

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 07:23:30PM -0700, David MacMahon wrote:
> So are you saying that IF one is running Win 2K or XP AND using an
> active directory server AND the active directory server is configured to
> disallow anonymous access, THEN cygwin apps like cron and sshd are
> unable to switch user context to a domain user without a password?

Not only Cygwin apps will have that problem then.

> If so, shouldn't that be in a README somewhere?  If that's not what
> you're saying, how can I fix my setup (short of asking the sysadmins to
> change the permissions, which is out of the question)?

Use a local account for running cron jobs (not cron!).

Other than that, thanks to Jason's report we already looked into this
but AFAICS, even the changed Cygwin won't help you currently.  I'm
thinking about a small patch which would allow you to work with only
the user data given in /etc/passwd and /etc/group to change user context.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.