Re: Fwd: Re: cron and NT domains

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 07:23:30PM -0700, David MacMahon wrote:
>> So are you saying that IF one is running Win 2K or XP AND using an
>> active directory server AND the active directory server is configured to
>> disallow anonymous access, THEN cygwin apps like cron and sshd are
>> unable to switch user context to a domain user without a password?

> I'm thinking about a small patch which would allow you to work with only
> the user data given in /etc/passwd and /etc/group to change user context.

FWIW, from my playing around with cron, it seems that it _does_ switch
context to a domain user -- sort of.  In particular, doing an "id" in the
script started by cron showed me the domain user's uid and SYSTEM's gid;
however, the script couldn't mount a network drive with "net use" unless the
password was supplied.  It seems as though you're a domain user, but with
only access to the local machine.
--

Don Dwiggins                     "The truth will make you free,
d.l.dwiggins@computer.org         but first it will make you miserable"