Re: How to call *windows* functions in a cygwin c program

Hi!

Wednesday, 24 July, 2002 Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle@yahoo.fr wrote:

SP> No, this is a bit more complicated.
SP> The project is a video player that has been started on Linux.
SP> To have _all_ codecs recognized and played with, it makes use
SP> of windows DLLs, through windows emulation project parts.

SP> Since emulating windows DLLs/functions under cygwin is a nonsense,
SP> I looked after a way to compile it with cygwin win32 API calls.

1. Install 'w32api' package.
2. In your source file, add

#include <windows.h>

void some_function ()
{
  MessageBox (NULL, "foo", "bar", MB_OK);
}

3. Add appropriate library from w32api package to the command you're
using to link your application.
4. In case of problems, "Use the source, Luke (tm)".