Re: problem with a ssh server under cygwin

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:49:34 +0100
"Max Bowsher" <maxb@ukf.net> wrote:

> Frank-Michael Moser wrote:
> >
> > The very reason of my posting simply was to help Frederik and
> > providing some more detail to the problem helping *others* (not
> > especially you) to debug it. Because I always tried to use CYGWIN in
> > a standard way and not to tweak it internally I wonder whether the
> > problem is within CYGWIN or on my or Frederik's machine.
>
> In the past I've had some _very_ odd problems (once was random segfaults,
> another was sshd refusing to use publickeys) that just went away after a clean
> reinstall of cygwin. I do not know how hard this would be for you - I keep all
> my personal cygwin files in /custom and /home/max, and symlink into those dirs
> for personalized config files.
>
> Anyway, _if_ you can delete and reinstall cygwin without much hassle, I suggest
> you do that.
>
> Just make sure you don't accidentally delete stuff you wanted to keep :-)
>
> Max.

I had this exact problem a couple of months ago, another user had the same thing with telnet, and I also had it with impapd.

Take a look in the archives, but I think it was related to having multiple cygwin1.dlls on the path.

Jim