Re: problem with a ssh server under cygwin

drd wrote:
> Max Bowsher wrote:
>
>> FrederikReiss@gmx.de wrote:
>>
>>> Today i tryed to play al little with the ssh server.
>>> And it seems to be a problem when sshd runs under the SYSTEM user.
>>>

>> Oh great. "A problem." Do you think we are telepathic???
>>

> No, this should only mean that i'm not sure what the problem realy
> is.;-)

Fair enough - what are the symptoms then?

>> Also, running sshd as SYSTEM is the only way to get it to work
>> properly,
>>
> hmm sshd seems to be very restrictive about permissions.

It requires privileges which Windows only makes available to SYSTEM by default.
It is, in theory, possible to grant the necessary privileges to another account,
but it is not worth it unless you are seeking dome kind of ultra-secure
configuration.

>> you fiddle around with lots of priviledges
>>
> may be, I have modified the permissions of my home directory that only
> SYSTEM, Admionistrator and my account has read/write permissions.

Is that not a sensible set of permissions? I can't see how that would affect
ssh.

Max.