Re: Is it possible to get a read-only subscription to cygwin-developers, to listen and learn?

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 03:19:32PM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
>>> From: Max Bowsher [mailto:maxb@ukf.net]
>>> cygwin-developers, to listen and learn?
>>> Would you consider the creation of a
>>> 'cygwin-developers-readonly@' list? I
>>> imagine that it would be possible to create it as an
>>> announcement list, and then
>>> subscribe the post address for the new list to cygwin-developers@ ?
>
>Robinow, David wrote:
>>  I find perusal of the archives sufficient to keep up with what's
>> going on.
>
>True, that is an alternative. However, everything else cygwin-related comes to
>me via email, so I would much prefer my idea. I guess it all depends whether cgf
>is feeling mean at the moment :-)

It's more of a question of whether there is a mechanism to do this with
ezmlm.  AFAIK, there isn't.

I also have to admit that I am not really wild about the idea of adding
lurkers to the cygwin-developers mailing list.  We've already seen much
confusion where people are cc'ing cygwin-apps instead of cygwin and vice
versa.  We occasionally even see this with current cygwin-developers
subscribers.  Making cygwin-developers available to non-subscribers,
even via a read-only mechanism, will certainly open the door to more
annoying cross-mailing-list traffic.  I think there is nearly a 100%
certainty of this.

So, the web is the best mechanism for reading what's going on in
cygwin-developers.  Sorry.

cgf